||Video game reviews
Call of Duty 4 (360)
War rages on in the fourth edition of Activision's acclaimed war game. For the first time in the series, Call of Duty moves away from WWII to the modern battlefield. The epic title also delivers an added depth of multiplayer action providing online fans an all-new community of persistence, addictive and customizable gameplay. Armed with an arsenal of advanced and powerful modern day firepower, players are transported to treacherous hotspots around the globe to take on a rogue enemy group threatening the world. As both a United States Marine and British S.A.S. soldier fighting through an unfolding story full of twists and turns, players use sophisticated technology, superior firepower and coordinated land and air strikes on a battlefield where speed, accuracy and communication are essential to victory.
- Modern Arsenal – Bringing the epic battle and cinematic intensity to modern warfare, players enlist using the latest modern weaponry, advanced battle tactics and coordinated land-air support
- Gameplay Variety –Various missions immerse players into the intensity of conflict whether they’re repelling onto an enemy-infested cargo ship, flying through battle zones to provide air-support, or infiltrating enemy positions to free hostages
- Traverse Global Hotspots – Battle across the streets of civil war zones through Eastern Europe, rural Russia, the Middle East, and aboard a ship in the North Atlantic
- New Character Roles – Fight alongside allies and work toward a common goal within the context of a larger war as a member of the U.S. Marines and British S.A.S.
- Next-Gen Multiplayer – 16-player multiplayer with new game modes, stat tracking, “persistence points” for accomplishments, “experience points” to unlock weapons for advanced players and extensive clan support